Ways to be Involved » Baby Showers
The Shady Grove Pregnancy Center is invested in the lives of newborns and their families. We have two programs to assist them — our Material Assistance and Parenting programs. Yearly, we provide help to over 400 families with little ones. Hosting a baby shower is the perfect way to fill our "closets" for babies in need.
Suggested Shower Ideas
- Baby Clothes Shower. Sleepers, sizes 9 to 18 months; 9 to 18 months girls/boys outfits. In the winter: coats, turtlenecks, long pants, dresses and tights. In the summer: t-shirts, shorts, dresses.
- Formula Shower. Milk based and soy based formula, prefer powder form in 12.9 oz can of either Enfamil with iron or Isomil with iron. One year expiration date.
- Diaper Shower. Disposable diapers sizes 3-4-5-6. Baby wipes, powder and lotion.
- Cloth Diaper Pail Kit Shower. For the woman in constant need of diapers and has a washer and dryer, we provide a cloth diaper pail kit. The kit contains: two dozen new cloth diapers, safety pins, size medium plastic pants, diaper rash ointment, powder, diaper wipes, and a small sample of detergent all placed in a diaper pail. Yearly we give out over 20 cloth diaper pail kits.
- General Baby Shower. Baby clothes, formula, rattles, teething toys, head/neck rests for infants riding in car seats, crib sheets, baby blankets, new cribs or port-a-cribs, light weight strollers, umbrella strollers, and infant bath tubs